Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hatch!

Went to Hatch on Saturday...took McKenna and Ryan there. Haha...I made McKenna point to the sign out side their door. Hatch Show Print is the oldest working printing press in the United States and is located in downtown Nashville. They design and sell posters for many different companies around the area in and out of Nashville.

Stepping into the shop it seemed a lot smaller than I imagined and seen in the pictures. There isn't much room to walk because the press work area itself took up most of the space.

The walls were filled with posters from every singer such as Patsy Cline to BBKing...this was my favorite part about the shop....it made everything look so colorful and alive!

This photo made me laugh, so I had to post this one!! They have two cats in Hatch Show Print that are apart of their family there among the printers. I had McKenna squat next to one in the shop...she was afraid get close to it...haha.

The shop seems like it's pretty laid back, but you can definitely tell how busy they can get. They seemed pretty busy when we entered with the phone ringing constantly and the chatter and hustle & bustle of printing.

Here are a couple of examples of what they do!! I made Ryan hold up a poster and how appropriate was this one?! I loved it!! I love how this poster is so simple, yet symbolizes what they do through silhouette. All of their posters were pretty amazing!!

I purchased a little notebook from there as well...I thought it was so clever how they incorporated a poster, with many colors and prints and bound it with string to create a book. The pages on the inside are blank, but it's the cover that caught my eye!

I think Hatch Show Print is such a great and amazing company! What they do is amazing and it's wonderful how they keep printing with a press alive and going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment