Sunday, November 21, 2010

Breathtaking!

This is a very special journal that my sister gave to me when I moved to Tennessee in June 2010. I think it is the most beautiful book that I own! If you look at the details of this book, it's pretty amazing. I am thinking its a Celtic design because of the obvious cross on the cover. There is also a design in the center of the cross that is really interesting! The art work is breathtaking...I mean, just look at that amazing detail in the center of the cross. There are inscriptions in each corner...I'm not sure what it means or it's significance, but it's definitely something to look into! There are green, gold, red, and blue foil decorations as well that are placed all throughout the design.


The journal opens with a magnetic flap that is designed to be 'hidden' on the cover. What a creative idea. The inner color of the journal is gold, going with the overall look of this masterpiece!


The inside of the journal has blank pages...I have sketched on only one page, but haven't placed anything else in this book...I'm almost afraid I would mess it up. I think the beauty of it is great just the way it is that i'm just nervous to add to it! It is definitely something that I will cherish for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment