Saturday, August 28, 2010

Smoking or Non?


This is an e-card I found on a website named www.tashen.com. This site contains 'Contemporary Graphic Design' architecture books, art books, random calendars, e-cards, etc... I don't even know where to start with this design, but it pretty much speaks for itself...It really puts chain smoking into my mind with the amount of cigarettes on the spoon...it seems like its saying..."if you smoke, you mine as well just eat 'em". The picture has a gleam of disgustingness to it. It's a very simple design, which makes it straight to the point. Quality is there through it's simplicity really, I think the girl and spoon really pop because there is a dark back round...it really puts focus on the spoon. It just reminds me how glad I am to have quit smoking when I did--years ago. The girl looks very feminine, simple...but just doesn't mix well with a spoon full of tobacco, used butts, and ash smudging off her lip--I think there could be a few mixed messages here. I mean, to the girl its as if she's willing to accept the "spoon full o' ciggs", because there's really no expression on her face. She seems very peaceful almost...  When you send this to someone is it supposed to be sent as a birthday card? "Hey, Happy Thirtieth Birthday...you better live it up now, cause you don't have much time left!" It made me laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment